Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal data” is as defined in the Ordinance, referring to any data which directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. We collect and use personal data that we believe is necessary to conduct our business with you. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as age, gender, nationality, hobbies and leisure activities, education background and profession, employment details and salary range, marital status, family & household demographics and dietary preferences
Supply of personal data to the Company is non-obligatory, but failure to do so may result in us being unable to process your application(s) or to provide facilities and services to you.
Use of Personal Data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:-
- Providing facilities, services, support and etc. related to the following operations:
- the registration and extension of warranty
- the access to warranty status
- the online registration of promotions and special functions
- the enquiries on customer service, marketing & media, product information and etc.
- processing of your application to subscribe or enroll to our services and programmes
- provision of services and programmes to you
- administration and management of the services, programmes which you have subscribed to or enrolled into
- business planning and improving the services and programmes
- processing of any benefits in connection with the supply of services or programmes to you
- For marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, such as sending you offers and promotions (please see further details in “Direct Marketing” below);
- Facilitating communications between you and the Company; and
We may from time to time also use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design and improve our facilities and services that we offer. This information will not identify any individual in particular.
The Company intends to use your personal data for direct marketing. The intended kinds of personal data to be used and the intended classes of marketing subjects are specified below. However, we may not so use or provide your personal data unless exempted by the Ordinance or we have received your consent.
For the above direct marketing use, the Company intends to:
- use your name, contact information and demographic information; and
- market or promote the following classes of facilities, services, support, and related events and activities offered or arranged by the Company:
You can always opt-out free-of-charge by contacting the Company if you no longer wish any of your personal data to be used in any of the described direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data supplied to the Company will be kept confidential. However, we may disclose such data to or such data may become accessible or known to the parties below, including
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company;
- Any person or company who is acting for and on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was collected;
- The Company’s dealers, agents, contractors, suppliers and other service, information, content providers; our professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organizations, as required or authorized by the law;
- Your authorized representatives or your legal advisers when requested by you to do so.
Links to Third Party Websites